Transpire creates impactful, design-led digital experiences that transform & inspire.
Our people are everything to us, which is why we work so hard to ensure it’s an amazing place to work and to help them build their careers.
We take on projects that have a strong purpose – whether that’s creatively solving ambitious business goals, establishing competitive advantage, delighting users or having a positive impact on the world.
Everything we do, everyday, is guided by our purpose – to weave humanity into technology
About the role
As a UX design lead you will be working for a tech consultancy that gets design. Our HCD process is non-negotiable. As the UX design lead you will:
- Plan and lead a range of experience design engagements from initial phases of research and discovery through to design execution, iteration and implementation
- Manage and mentor small teams of designers and create the right environment for a great team culture
- Work with other Transpire staff to help shape new engagements and be able to describe our approaches to clients and non-designers
- Be comfortable working end-to-end across mobile projects
What a week at Transpire might look like
If the last couple of years have taught us anything it's that weeks rarely go to plan, but if there was a typical week, it might look like this:
Monday - Project work in the morning and design team huddle in the afternoon. The project you lead might be providing a client with a more nuanced view of their customers journey, designing a digital experience that interacts with a physical environment or taking part in a design thinking sprint
Tuesday - We run weekly up-skilling sessions that cover research methodology, interaction design, accessibility, service design, workshop facilitation... It’s a great opportunity to expand your skills but also share your knowledge and experience.
Wednesday - Catch up with your team in the morning, using Transpire’s career planning tools, you help address skills gaps, develop areas of interest and, importantly, help them become leaders.
Thursday - You pause project work and have a one on one with our director of design. This is more than a status update, you will have discussions around your team, your career plans and aspirations.
Friday - Present a proposal to a client helping them shift from shipping products to delivering services people can’t live without
We have a great pipeline of design work coming up. In the last 12 months, Transpire has delivered web and mobile apps, design sprints, product reviews and journey mapping for clients in public health, telecommunications, property, scientific research, transportation, hospitality and banking.
- A truly flexible work style (home, office, or hybrid of the two)
- Full or part time
- Annual $1,000 tech allowance to purchase the latest technology and $1,500 development and training allowance
- Great work culture, Transpire has been certified as a Great Place To Work
We’d like to hear your thoughts
If you want your career to take the next step or if you are just looking for a great place to work, we'd like to hear from you. In 300 words or less, tell us about the best design team you’ve ever led or been a part of? What made the team so great?
Email your response to email@example.com