Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. We transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating apps that fast-track cancer research, to helping Virgin Australia’s millions of customers book and manage their travel from their mobile, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We are looking for an experienced and curious Senior Back End Developer who specialises in AWS to help create innovative digital products and great user experiences. You will work closely with our team and customer to design and build back end solutions for our web/mobile applications. You will ensure stable and scalable systems are built, deployed and supported.
What you’ll do:
- Provide solution design and advice to customers
- Understand customer requirements and collaboratively design back end solutions
- Use an existing technology stack to extend outstanding technical solutions
- Develop, maintain, document and test high quality code
- Solve technical problems with our teams and customers
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for delivering exceptional technical solutions and customer experiences
- Outstanding consulting skills, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with customers
- Experience working in an Agile environment and extending existing development projects
- A drive to work as part of a collaborative team
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent experience
- Problem solving abilities when working with unfamiliar solutions
- Strong documentation skills and mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player who collaborates well with frontend and mobile developers and drives accountability
- Foundational or Professional AWS certifications (nice to have)
Experience working with:
- AWS services, including serverless architectures using API Gateway, Lambda etc
- HTTP API development to web and mobile application clients
- API documentation using OpenAPI/Swagger
- TypeScript (ideal but not required)
- Docker, Kubernetes and EKS (ideal but not required)
What you’ll get:
- You’ll work on a large scale project you’ll be proud of.
- You’ll be the first to get your hands on new technologies and figure out what they’re capable of.
- You’ll work with an awesome team of very smart people that you’ll learn from and contribute to.
- You’ll be given the freedom to do things your way, always focussed on making a difference to our end users.
- You will push the boundaries – continually learning and finding new ways to do things.
Only candidates with rights to work in Australia will be accepted.
No agency candidates will be accepted at this time.