Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. We transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating apps that fast-track cancer research, to helping Virgin Australia’s millions of customers have a delightful travel experience, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We are looking for an experienced Azure Cloud Engineer to help create innovative digital products and great user experiences. You will work closely with our client (onsite based in Mulgrave) to design and build APIs and back end frameworks and ensure stable and scalable systems are built, deployed and supported. This is a permanent role and we are looking for someone who can start immediately.
What you'll do:
- Understand customer requirements and collaboratively design back end solutions.
- Use innovative cloud technologies to build outstanding technical solutions.
- Develop, document and test high quality code.
- Implement data synchronisation policies
- Work closely with Testers in a test driven environment.
- Solve technical problems with our team and client.
- Provide expert advice for the design and development of robust and scalable applications.
What you'll bring:
- Experience designing, implementing and interfacing with web APIs.
- Good software design and architecture principles.
- NodeJS/Typescript/NestJS Framework/GraphQL
- DevOps background
- Experience working with Azure services:
- RESTful API design and management/ Swagger
- Database modelling, querying & storage
- .net Core/C# (desirable)
- Cosmos DB (desirable or another NoSQL)
- Queue services (desirable)
- Unit/Integration tests
- Compute & serverless services
- Infrastructure as code methodology
- Familiarity with services like Service Bus, Blob Storage, Docker, Durable functions, event grid, ARM template scripting etc
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Outstanding consulting skills, discussing technology decisions with customers.
- A drive to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent experience.
- Strong documentation skills and mindset.
What you’ll get:
- You’ll work on projects you’ll be proud of – we’re helping find new ways to treat cancer and providing ways for the vision impaired to become more independent, to name a few.
- You’ll be the first to get your hands on new technologies and figure out what they’re capable of.
- You’ll work with an awesome team of very smart people that you’ll learn from and contribute to.
- You’ll be given the freedom to do things your way, always focussed on making a difference to our end users.
- You will push the boundaries – continually learning and finding new ways to do things.
Only candidates with rights to work in Australia will be accepted.
No agency candidates will be accepted at this time.