Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. We transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating digital products that fast track cancer research, to helping people with vision impairment become more independent, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior iOS Developer to join our team on a 6 month contract (with possibility of extension or a permanent role). You love working with customers and delivering both exceptional technical solutions and an inspiring user experience. You design robust and strong systems and write exceptional code. You love being a trusted advisor to customers and working closely with them throughout projects. We want someone with innate curiosity and the drive to make a difference, both in the way we work and the outcomes we create.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver inspiring digital products that bring our customers’ visions to life
- Understand customer requirements and collaboratively design native mobile solutions
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary agile teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide expert advice for the design and development of robust and scalable native apps
- Guide and mentor junior team members
- Develop, document and test high quality code
- Solve technical problems with our teams and customers
- Contribute estimates for Agile stories and epics
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our coding standards and processes
- Work on multiple projects, be actively involved and feature-curious.
What you’ll bring:
- A serious passion for mobile tech and a desire to make a difference through technology
- Commercial experience developing native iOS apps
- Experience working in a consulting environment (preferred)
- Sound experience with and a passion for Agile methodologies
- Comprehensive experience with the iOS SDK
- Excellent communication skills & a collaborative attitude
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once
- Friendly, professional, self-motivated with a drive to learn
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent experience.
Commercial experience with:
- Swift & Objective-C
- Continuous Integration practices and tools (eg. Xcode Server, Jenkins)
- Integrating with external data sources and API's (REST, JSON)
- Dependency management tools (CocoaPods, Carthage)
- Source control tools (Git, Sourcetree)
- Functional reactive programming experience
What you’ll get:
- You’ll work on projects you’ll be proud of – we’re helping find new ways to treat cancer and providing ways for the vision impaired to become more independent, to name a few.
- You’ll be the first to get your hands on new technologies and figure out what they’re capable of.
- You’ll work with an awesome team of very smart people that you’ll learn from and contribute to.
- You’ll be given the freedom to do things your way, always focussed on making a difference to our end users.
- You will push the boundaries – continually learning and finding new ways to do things.
Only candidates with rights to work in Australia will be accepted.
No agency candidates will be accepted at this time.