Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. You won’t do the ordinary here – we transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating digital products that fast track cancer research, to helping people with vision impairment become more independent, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives.
We are looking for a passionate and curious Senior UX Designer to help bring our clients’ visions to life and create exceptional user experiences. You’ll see projects through end to end, from concept to implementation, being involved in user research, design sprints, prototyping, visual design and working with teams to build and test our solutions. You are passionate about both user experiences, and creating an exceptional experience for our customers. You’re a strong communicator and love building and maintaining strong relationships.
This is a fixed term contract with the possibility of extension or a permanent role at Transpire.
What you’ll do:
- Work with customers to understand their product vision and problem to be solved
- Conduct user research, interviews, surveys and usability testing, translating the results into a product roadmap and user centered designs
- Deliver simple and elegant designs and intuitive user experiences, from lo-fi wireframes to hi-fi interactive prototypes using tools like Sketch, and Invision
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams (iOS, Android, Web, QA) to maintain cohesive designs across our platforms
- Work with our development teams to understand the dependencies to bring designs to life
- Review designs of your other designer colleagues and openly take feedback on your own designs to focus on continual improvement
- Support our business development team by attending sales meetings and pitches, informing proposals and approaches to projects
- Contribute to continually improving our UX and design processes whilst completing client work
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in a consulting role, with illustrated success in building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, across both tactical and strategic levels
- Experience in leading, mentoring or coaching small UX teams
- A portfolio of work across native mobile and web platforms that illustrates your passion for creating intuitive user experiences and beautiful designs
- Strong understanding and proven experience of human-centred design activities (or design thinking, or user centred design – we’re about the outcomes, not the label!) including but not limited to qualitative and quantitative user research, usability testing, accessibility and design strategy
- Experience defining and shaping of projects and approaches (for client proposals) based on time and budget considerations
- Knowledge of iOS and Android User Interface Guidelines highly desirable
- Experience with Sketch, InVision, or similar tools
- A background in digital or visual design
- Experience working in agile environments where you have worked closely with developers, testers and project managers
- A collaborative attitude with a drive to learn and share knowledge.
What you’ll experience:
- You’ll work on projects you’ll be proud of and see in the market in people’s hands
- You’ll work with an awesome team of smart people on interesting and challenging projects
- You’ll have the freedom to do things your way
- A flexible environment to tailor where and when you work to your needs
- You will transform and inspire – continually learning and developing to achieve your personal and career goals.
Only candidates with rights to work in Australia will be accepted.
No agency candidates will be accepted at this time.