Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. We transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating apps that fast-track cancer research, to helping Virgin Australia’s millions of customers book and manage their travel from their mobile, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate and curious Senior Python Developer to help create innovative digital products and great user experiences. You love working with customers and delivering both exceptional technical solutions and an inspiring user experience. We want someone with innate curiosity and the drive to make a difference, both in the way we work and the outcomes we create.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary agile teams to deliver exceptional outcomes to customers
- Understand customer requirements and collaboratively design back end solutions
- Use innovative technologies to build outstanding technical solutions
- Develop, document and test high quality code
- Work closely with Testers in a test driven environment
- Solve technical problems with our teams and customers
- Contribute to the ongoing development of our coding standards and processes
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for delivering exceptional technical solutions and customer experiences
- Experience designing, implementing and interfacing with REST APIs
- Excellent software design and architecture principles
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Outstanding consulting skills, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with customers
- A drive to work as part of a collaborative team
- Problem solving abilities when working with unfamiliar solutions
- Strong documentation skills and mindset
Experience working with:
- Python and Django
- Experience working with serverless architecture model
- AWS including API Gateway & Databases (DynamoDB & RDS)
- Exposure to CI/CD implementation
What you’ll get:
- You’ll work on projects you’ll be proud of
- You’ll work with an awesome team of smart people on interesting and challenging projects
- You’ll have the freedom to do things your way, always focussed on making a difference to our customers and their end users
Only candidates with rights to work in Australia will be accepted.
No agency candidates will be accepted at this time.