Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. We transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating apps that fast-track cancer research, to helping Virgin Australia’s millions of customers have a delightful travel experience, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We are looking for an experienced Web Development Team Lead who is passionate about inspiring, leading and developing a team as well as creating exceptional outcomes for our customers. You will help to attract, retain and develop the best talent while also being an effective and successful team member, delivering projects to our customers. We want someone with innate curiosity and the drive to make a difference, both in the way we work and the outcomes we create.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of passionate web developers – coaching and guiding them to greatness
- Continually improve the approach, frameworks and processes in the team, including coding and testing standards
- Contribute as an active member of the Delivery team, resourced to projects as a senior team member, and participating in pre-sales, as needed
- Collaborate with Agile teams to deliver exceptional outcomes for our customers
- Work with all our Leads to continuously introduce innovation and improve efficiency
- Assist our recruitment team with setting and evaluating candidate coding challenges and participating in interviews
- Be actively involved in the tech community – helping to showcase what Transpire can do – blog, present at conferences and help your team to do the same.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience leading and coaching a team of developers
- A broad portfolio of work illustrating innovative web apps created in a commercial development environment (5+ years experience)
- Extensive experience and understanding of DevOps, API development and front end development in an AWS environment
- Outstanding consulting skills, with strong negotiation and influencing skills with customers at all levels
- Knowledge of best practice development tools, methodologies and trends
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience guiding customers through the development journey
- Ability to multi-task and juggle your leadership and project/technical responsibilities
- Self-motivated with a drive to learn and share knowledge
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline.
What you’ll get:
- You’ll work on projects you’ll be proud of – we’re helping find new ways to treat cancer and providing ways for the vision impaired to become more independent, to name a few.
- You’ll be the first to get your hands on new technologies and figure out what they’re capable of.
- You’ll work with an awesome team of very smart people that you’ll learn from and contribute to.
- You’ll be given the freedom to do things your way, always focussed on making a difference to our end users.
- You will push the boundaries – continually learning and finding new ways to do things.
This is an opportunity to work where smart ideas are celebrated and innovation is embraced. We are looking for passionate and innovative people, while a CV is great, be creative in how you showcase your skills to us.
Candidates will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.