Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. We transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating apps that fast-track cancer research, to helping Virgin Australia’s millions of customers book and manage their travel from their mobile, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We are based in Melbourne and are now expanding to Sydney, so this is an opportunity to be part of a newly formed and growing team.
We are looking for two experienced and passionate Senior iOS Developers to join our team. You love working with customers and delivering both exceptional technical solutions and an inspiring user experience. You design robust and strong systems and write exceptional code. You love being a trusted advisor to customers and working closely with them throughout projects. We want someone with innate curiosity and the drive to make a difference, both in the way we work and the outcomes we create.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver inspiring digital products that bring our customers’ visions to life
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary agile teams through the project lifecycle
- Provide expert advice for the design and development of robust and scalable apps
- Contribute estimates for Agile stories and epics
- Write brilliant code and help others to do the same
- Problem solving to resolve complex technical issues and bugs
- Actively contribute to the ongoing evolution of our development standards.
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for mobile apps and delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Experience in developing native mobile apps for iOS
- Sound experience with and a passion for Agile methodologies
- Comprehensive experience with the iOS SDK
- Extensive working experience with:
- Swift & Objective-C
- Continuous Integration & Delivery practices and tools (eg. Xcode Server, Jenkins)
- Integrating with external data sources and API’s (REST, JSON)
- Dependency management tools (CocoaPods, Carthage)
- Source control tools (Git, Sourcetree)
- Functional reactive programming experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Excellent people skills & a collaborative attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once
- Self-motivated with a drive to learn
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent experience.
What you’ll get:
- You’ll work on projects you’ll be proud of – we’re helping find new ways to treat cancer and providing ways for the vision impaired to become more independent, to name a few.
- You’ll be the first to get your hands on new technologies and figure out what they’re capable of.
- You’ll work with an awesome team of very smart people that you’ll learn from and contribute to.
- You’ll be given the freedom to do things your way, always focussed on making a difference to our end users.
- You will push the boundaries – continually learning and finding new ways to do things.
This is an opportunity to work where smart ideas are celebrated and innovation is embraced.
Only Australian permanent residents need apply. Candidates will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.