Transpire build digital products that have a positive impact on the world. We transform complex problems into innovative digital solutions by combining digital strategy, human centered design and technology expertise. From creating apps that fast-track cancer research, to helping Virgin Australia’s millions of customers book and manage their travel from their mobile, our Transpirers strive to help our customers transform and inspire and make a difference in people’s lives every day.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Head of People and Culture to join our team on a part time basis (3 days a week). As a key member of our leadership team, you will support Transpire’s success through aligning people and culture strategies to drive a high performing team and culture.
You will own the People and Culture function, from designing and implementing strategies to managing systems and processes in this hands-on role. You will lead our People and Culture Coordinator and oversee all aspects of HR including: strategy development & execution, organisational structure, culture, training and development, leadership development, payroll liaison, employee and industrial relations. We are looking for an HR generalist who embodies our values and is passionate about creating an innovative and collaborative culture.
What you’ll do:
- Drive the People and Culture strategy, ensuring alignment to Transpire’s Vision and Mission
- Design and implement strategies to create a great place to work, including health and wellbeing, benefits and diversity strategies
- Coach and support our leaders on all people-matters
- Lead, coach and develop our People and Culture Coordinator
- Manage performance appraisals and 360 feedback programs
- Create and maintain appropriate HR policies and procedures
- Facilitate training courses and run the Leadership Training Program
- Facilitate the Annual Salary Review process
- Liaise with payroll to ensure an accurate and timely payroll each month
- Monthly Reporting on key metrics
- Run our quarterly Culture Survey including developing Action Plans
- Be a cultural leader, helping to embed our values across the business.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 5 years HR leadership experience (ideally in a tech or service industry)
- Have experience with the development of human resources and organisation development strategies aligned to business plans
- Sound understanding of Australian employment legislation
- Strong people leadership capability
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills
- Energy and drive, with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to evolve and scale our HR function
- You’ll work with an awesome team of smart people
- A flexible environment to tailor where and when you work to your needs
- You will transform and inspire – continually learning and developing to achieve your personal and career goals.
Only candidates with rights to work in Australia will be accepted.
No agency candidates will be accepted at this time.